A GPS safe-zone (also called a geofence) is a virtual border around a specific area. Once set up, when your device enters/leaves this specific area, you will receive an alert from the app.
You may want to set up a safe-zone for work, school, home, depots or storage sites.
To create one follow these steps:
1. On the app go to Menu - 'Tracker Settings'
2. Go to step 3/7 'Define Safe-zones', select 'Edit Your Safe-Zone'
3. Tap the map to create your safe-zone area and select 'save'
The safe zone has now been set up.
There are a few things to note
- In order to use this feature you will have to be on the Unlimited Data Plan as it allows for motion detection.
- There is no need to set up an alert for when your tracker leaves this zone, this is automatically created when the zone is created.
- When setting up this type of safe-zone, it is advisable to make it at least 50m by 50m to account for GPS inaccuracies.
- You can create multiple safe-zones in the alerts page. To find out how to do this check out this article.
- When the device leaves the geofence the notification will be sent at the next location update.
- To apply the new settings immediately, press the button on your tracker. If you don't have your tracker to hand, the tracker will update its settings the next time it is scheduled to send a location update.
If you have any additional questions about setting up safe-zones, don't be afraid to reach out to us!