To find out how to set up your device so that you can get the maximum battery life possible, follow the simple steps below:
1. Open the Lightbug App or go to the Web Portal
2.Go to 'Settings'
3. Set the configuration mode to 'Easy'
4. Give your tracker a name and a dot colour so it can be quickly identified.
4. Select 'Long Battery Life' mode
Note: This mode disables motion detection and switches the device to a fixed update mode. You will receive updates at fixed intervals, regardless of whether on not the devices has moved.
5. Select your desired battery life. The amount of location updates you will receive depends on your chosen battery life.
Note: The battery life estimates may vary. Actual battery life may be significantly less than the mentioned values in poor signal areas.
6. Enable Wi-Fi safe zone and enter your home Wi-Fi network name. This will disable the GPS when near the home Wi-Fi which increases battery life.
Your device has now been set up with maximum battery life.
A few things to note:
- These settings are automatically saved and will be applied at the next location update. Alternatively. to apply the new settings immediately, press the button on your tracker for 3 seconds.
- The battery life shown is only a estimate and not guaranteed.
- Some variables that affect battery life include: where the device is mounted, poor signal areas, extremely high/low temperatures and motion sensitivity.
Still have some questions? Get in touch with us!