Setting up a home Wi-fi safe zone means that when your device is out of range of the home Wi-Fi, you will receive increased location updates.
The benefit of setting up a home Wi-fi safe zone over a GPS safe zone is that the device will check approx. every 5 minutes whether the device is in range of the Wi-Fi, if the device is not you will be sent a notification. Whereas, if the device leaves the GPS safe zone, the notification will be sent at the next location update.
To set up your home Wi-Fi safe zone, follow the steps below:
1. On the app go to Menu - select 'Tracker Settings'
2. Go to step 2/7 'Operation Mode' - select ‘Motion Tracking’
3. Step 3/7 ‘Home Wi-Fi Safe-Zone' - enter your home Wi-Fi details
4. Step 5/7 ‘Wake Mode’ - select the location update rate for when the device is moving out of range of the home Wi-Fi
5. Step 6/7 ‘Sleep Mode’ - select the location update rate for when the device is nearby the home Wi-Fi. Select 'Save’
Your home Wi-Fi safe zone is now been set up.
- You will need to be on the Unlimited Data Plan (as this allows for motion detection) to use this feature.
- To apply the new settings immediately, press the button on your tracker. If you don't have your tracker to hand, the tracker will update its settings the next time it is scheduled to send a location update.
Other helpful articles:
If you want to also set up a GPS safe-zone, check out this article.
Still have some questions? Get in touch with us!