*This article applies to legacy devices only*
It may be that you would like to upgrade your Standard Data Plan to the Unlimited Data Plan so that you can receive more location updates, or you now realise that the Standard Data Plan would better suit your needs.
If you want the know the differences between the Standard and Unlimited Data Plan, you can find out here.
Whatever you current data plan, just follow the simple steps below to change it:
1. Open the LightBug App or go to the Web Portal
2. Go to 'Settings', then to the 'Data Plan' page
3. In the 'Devices' section click the orange circular arrows icon
4. The pop up box will show you a selection of data plans that you can pick from and their according prices. Select the new data plan that you would like.
Your data plan has now been updated.
If you would like to change the data plan for another device, repeat these steps.
- You will have to wait for the next scheduled location update for the new settings to apply.
For example: You are on the Standard Data Plan and receive location updates every 4 hours. You have just received a location update, and then you decide to upgrade to the Unlimited Data Plan. You will have to wait for the next scheduled location update (in 4 hours) for the new settings/data plan to apply.
Other helpful articles:
Want to change your billing period, but not necessarily the data plan? Check out this article.
Find out how to update your billing details here.
Still confused by the difference between the Standard and Unlimited Data Plan? Get clarity here.
Have a question that our articles haven't answered, reach out to us!